Why do more and more businesses turn to the use of Interactive Voice Response (IVR) services when it comes to dealing with their customers? The reason is very simple – IVR has an overwhelming advantage over the normal employees of a call centre. Find out below some of the principal reasons as to why this is:
• Cost effective – the most obvious advantage of using interactive voice response services is its cost effectiveness. They act as a practical and affordable call center solution to just about any business – no matter their size, type or any other factor. In fact, interactive voice response reduces the number of employees and time that is directed towards interacting with customers by replacing the employees with computers which have built-in functions to assist the customer base of the business.
• Better service – when comparing and contrasting the pros and cons in the use of IVR versus that of employee-based call centres, the fact that employees are capable of providing the better service out of the two is the usually agreed upon point. However, the belief that IVR services lose to normal employees is actually erroneous – in fact, computers are above humans when it comes to service. Surveys indicate that businesses with IVR actually are capable of providing much more satisfying customer care and support.
• Personalization – despite the fact that IVR is based on programmed voices which have been recorded beforehand, there is no reason why IVR cannot be as personalized as the regular employees. In fact, the development of technology has created the opportunity for IVR to include personalized tinges in their services, such as for example, in the way they address their customers.
• Availability – unlike employees, who work at designated hours and vary in their levels on efficiency at times, computers do not have these aforementioned restrictions. As such, IVR has the appealing advantages of availability and efficiency when compared to the use of regular employees. IVR can functions twenty four hours a day, every day a week, for the whole 365 days of the years, without ever losing their efficiency.
• Professionalism – lastly, but not least, the use of IVR in a business to attend to customers is overall much more ‘professional’ a concept than the simple use of employees. With how we live in a digital era, and how we tend to rely more and more on the use of computers and other electronic devices for communication purposes, the use of IVR by business has considerably increased. This increased usage of IVR has led to a notion where businesses employing the use of IVR are professional – and therefore, its use enables businesses to gain a much more favourable business reputation and image.